“An International Leading Organization in Humanitarian and Charity Work”
Through the Royal sponsorship and outstanding performance, RCO seeks to carry out charity and philanthropic works, undertake a humanitarian, social and economic role for the benefit of citizens, contribute to the development of a spirit of solidarity to promote philanthropy, and support the needy groups in the Kingdom.
Royal Order No. 33 of 2007 defines the duties of the Organisation as follows:
- Sponsor widows and orphans and look after the elderly and people with special needs;
- Provide social, medical and educational assistance and contribute to alleviating burdens of living on needy families;
- Contribute to setting up and developing non-profit social and charity projects, such as orphanages, elderly, child and handicapped care centres, kindergartens, rehabilitation of needy families, and health rehabilitation centres;
- Participate in sustainable development work, such as supporting small and medium enterprises, allocating land for social and charity projects and coordinating with government authorities in charge of implementing such projects; and
- Any other charity activities commanded by His Majesty the King, RCO's Honorary President, or approved by the Board of Trustees.